About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Surrounded by a sea of glamazons...

So the first weekend after my husband and I moved to LA, we thought we'd check out a sushi place in Brentwood called Katsuya -- what we thought would be our neighborhood sushi joint. Never mind that the yelp reviews said "dressy"... I just assumed every place in LA said dressy. So, I pulled on what I thought was a dressy outfit -- keep in mind, I spent 2 of the 3 last years in Seattle and the last year in San Francisco, where a dressy outfit is anything that isn't jeans. So I had on a pair of leggings and a sequined jersey tunic. I know you're thinking, that sounds dressy. But my practicality took over and I put on a pair of Cole Haan flats (that are not the most fashionable) for the walk over to the restaurant, and a J. Crew sweatshirt in case I got cold. You get the idea.

We walk over to Katsuya, and I think this will be fun. And then we get closer and I realize how trendy this place is. We walk in, and suddenly I realized I am way underdressed. I am surrounded by gorgeous women who are over 6 feet tall and wearing 6 inch heels. Needless to say, I feel very short. And these women are also wearing couture and have their hair blown out into elegant waves. Of course, my hair is in a ponytail. At least I blow dried my bangs. I also think we saw the girl who plays Georgina Sparks on Gossip Girl.

I later realized that Bruce Willis likes to hang out here. I guess I'll have to step up my A game here.

No comments:

Post a Comment