About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Arts and Crafts


We went to this pottery painting place for a work outing last week. It was really nice just doing something relaxing and creative for the first time in forever.

I debating painting something useful like coasters or a box to hold jewelry, but I ended up painting a shoe that is currently on display in my closet. I'm a little disappointed with the way it turned out. They recommended 3 coats of the paint, and I thought I got 3 on there, but it still turned out streaky in spots. I'll do better next time.


Speaking of which, I've had trouble finding activities to do with female friends so we've always just gone to get our nails done. I think the painting thing is a really good alternative -- a little cheaper and way more relaxing. And as we all know, I love spotting celebrities, and apparently Suri Cruise tends to hang out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment