About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ugh... weather

So I can't really complain about weather in LA, given that most of the country is facing temperatures about 20 degrees colder. But because it's LA and it is my right as a citizen of LA to enjoy sunny skies 365 days a year, I am going to complain.

It has been raining for about 7 days straight, and it will rain for another 5 days. And it's not thunderstorming or anytihng but it's enough rain to make running outside horrible and make it inconvenient to park far away from where you are trying to go. We are thinking about seeing Tron and our choice of movie theater was driven by where we could go where we would not need to go outside between a parking spot and the theater. Santa Monica Promenade was out because it's about a 15 minute walk. Even Century City was out because even though it has a covered parking garage, the mall itself is open air (although there might be an entrance to the parking garage from the theater... will have to look into that). So we're going to the semi-ghetto mall since the parking garage is covered and there is a covered walkway between the fully indoor mall and the movie theater. I've become such a wuss. How did I survive in the Atlanta thunderstorms, walking to class at Tech?

I remember one day when the rain in Atlanta was particularly bad, I thought wearing boots might solve the feet-getting-wet issues during the 15 minute walk to class. What I did not realize was that the area around the zipper was not waterproof, and so that small area was enough to let water in and leave me with wet, wrinkly feet for the next few hours. I have since bought rain boots (although I've only needed to wear them about 3 times in the last year since both San Francisco and LA are pretty dry cities).

On a good note, I did manage to get a few pretty cool pictures while my husband was driving in the rain. Speaking of the husband, it's his birthday!!






A post about my company's holiday party will follow shortly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment