About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Apologies

I apologies for the long hiatus. Work has been really busy. It was my first 70-hour week since I started the job - something I never thought I'd have to deal with, since I like to think I do my work efficiently. But alas, working with a new group of people with a different approach to project management led to that miserable week. And because I was sleep-deprived, my immune system faltered and I got a cold. So not fun.

It's exacerbated by the fact that my bonus sucked. It was significantly lower than someone in another office with the same ratings as me. I got lower than the target bonus even though my reviews said my performance was above average. WTH? So on top of being discouraged and feeling that working hard didn't get me anything, I had to work crazy hours on a project that I was asked to help out with. It was really hard to stay motivated. I kept pushing through though, knowing that I'd be off the project on Tuesday. And then on Tuesday afternoon, surprise! Staffed on it for another month. Ugh.

This week is better so far and I hope this slower pace continues for the next month or two. I have a ton of weddings to go to this summer, and I'd prefer not to work during the weddings. Since this new project is a recent addition to my workload, I'm just going to make my personal boundaries very clear. It's hard for me to do because I feel bad saying "no," but I have to.

Anyway, there hasn't been a lot of interesting things going on recently, but I have a few things coming up this week so my next few posts should be more intriguing. I don't even have any interesting pictures to share, but I hope to have a few outfits to share in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment