About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yay for food

In my usual Groupon-ing glory, I bought a deal for a 6 course tasting menu at XIV, one of Michael Mina's restaurants in LA. The husband and I went for Dine LA, but I wasn't impressed. But this meal was amazing. There were like 10 dishes and a trio of desserts to share. My favorite dishes were a mushroom and truffle tart that was so savory and tasty and a passionfruit mousse. That passionfruit mousse was probably the best thing I have ever eaten.

The husband and I found our love for passionfruit in Hawaii. We were driving around in Kauai to get to our hotel from the airport and we were hungry, so we stopped by a roadside stand to get some guavas. The fruitseller gave us a free sample of passionfruit, and from that taste, we were hooked. We bought four or five passionfruit which we ate immediately afterwards in the car.

We bought several more passionfruits in the stores around the hotel where we were staying, but none of them were nearly as good as the first ones we had -- actually most of them were overly sour and too seedy to be tasty. It was rather disappointing.

Anyway, I apologize for being very flaky in my posting and I will have a new post soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment