About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Apologies


Apologies for not blogging sooner... things have been pretty crazy with work, out of town trips, and guests. Not that those are bad things, but my blog gets pushed to the wayside. I'll start you off with an outfit of the day...

Basically, my friend's friend's brother owns this clothing company called five four, so my friend often comes by with free stuff. It's a men's clothing company, but I did manage to snag a small mens shirt that I could wear to get into the "menswear" trend quite literally. I tried to get a few good pictures, but the first one didn't come out great. As Tyra would probably say on ANTM, you should know how the picture will turn out before you take it. And I clearly had no idea that the way I twisted would make the shirt balloon up on top. So it looks sort of awkward. I look more awkward in the second picture but at least the outfit itself doesn't look awkward. So I guess that's a win?



It's not the kind of ladylike look I generally try to wear, but it's something different. I'm not sure about how the ankle length pants look with a long shirt -- it might just make me look really short (a.k.a. not the golden ratio I learned about from Donald [Duck] in Mathmagic Land). I'm also planning on trying the shirt tucked into a pencil skirt for another look or maybe as a beach coverup. I think there's lots of potential for the shirt.

Anyway, that about wraps it up. I had a few more cute outfits last week but I didn't get a chance to take a photo (p.s. props to the husband for taking the above pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment