About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hollywood

So as someone who's lived on the West Coast for the last 4 years, I don't find LA very exciting or awesome or unique. When we were in New York for a wedding two weeks ago though, all the guests were so in awe of the fact we were from LA. And these aren't backwoods New York people -- these are consultants and bankers and people who grew up in the fancy New England / New York area who've traveled around the world plenty.

I guess LA has this cache of being Hollywood (which is by the way the nickname my husband got at the Lansing wedding last weekend) and fun and fancy.

I don't know -- is LA that exotic? And what about Orange County or San Diego? Do they count too?

And would people from the West Coast or even New York think Atlanta was an exotic or unique place to be from? To my friend N who's coming next week, you can let me know if LA is really all that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment