About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blue Skies in Michigan



The latest wedding I went to was in Lansing, Michigan, about 2 hours east of Detroit. It was an outdoor wedding so when it was thunderstorming the day before, I was worried, but by Saturday the weather was sunny and beautiful.


And there were clouds! There have been very few days in LA with blue skies and fluffy clouds. Even if there are clouds, they tend to be smaller, dinkier puffy clouds or the wispy cirrus clouds. It was really nice to see such a beautiful sky.



Given that it was an outdoor summer wedding, I was excited to pull out my Target dress with the lace. I wasn't 100% sure if it was appropriate given that it was partially white, but after getting some assurance from one of my friends, I wore it, and it was fine. Actually, some girls were purely white / off-white dresses, which I thought was odd. But I guess it's a small town in the midwest and a casual summer wedding.


Some girls also apparently did not read the wedding website and showed up in stilettos. Bad idea given that the wedding took place outside and you had to walk around a lot through grass (especially the trek to the portapotties). I wore wedges and I was so glad I did. My feet hurt at the end of the night but it could have been SO much worse. This one girl had trouble walking and had to lean on her boyfriend for support. I would have totally felt awkward doing that so it's a good thing I had on independence shoes. Or something like that. Anyway, here's a shot of the husband's and my shoes.


P.S. The nailpolish was an emergency job when at 10 am that morning I realized my toenails looked horrible and I had to wear sandals. I didn't even take off the old polish -- I just layered more right on top. Now taking all the polish off will be very interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment