About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Another celebrity

So I saw another celebrity last night -- at dinner at Bouchon. I guess I just haven't been hanging out in the right places thus far, so now that I'm going to "trendy" places, I'm seeing celebrities. I mean, I don't think I'd ever notice unless someone pointed them out, so I'll probably be oblivious most of the time.

Last night, two tables away from us were Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and Suri Cruise -- and two assistants or something. Our friend Ravi pointed them out to us (we would never have noticed if not for him). It was fascinating sitting so close to them, but I didn't want to be rude and stare and then be kicked out of the restaurant for bothering the clientele. But I snuck a few discreet looks and here's what I noticed. Katie Holmes is much prettier in person than she is in magazines. Tom Cruise's hair is really really glossy. I don't know what it is, but his hair just seemed really straight and shiny. And Suri was so cute! But that's about all I could gather without being creepy.

On another note, does anyone know how Tom and Katie agreed to give Suri the last name Cruise instead of Holmes or Holmes-Cruise? It looks like Katie still goes by her original (maiden?) last name.

In other news, Restaurant Week continues through the end of the week but the husband and I are going alone so it's unlikely we'll notice any celebrities that may be around. But that's okay -- I'm not jaded yet from seeing too many celebrities, but I also realized that it doesn't make a difference since they just sit and enjoy normal dinners (in public!) like the rest of us.


1 comment: