About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Style transformation


I'm so excited to be going out to dinner with one of my college friends that I haven't seen in about a year. And it's DineLA so we can go somewhere fancy and trendy where I hope to see celebrities. And as not to pull a Katsuya, I put a lot of thought into the outfit I am wearing to work and dinner today.

I've been on a neutrals kick -- I've loved all the camel and taupe colors from last fall, and now that they're all on sale, I'm grabbing them up. So I put together a neutral outfit for today, and to keep it interesting, I tried to play with textures and actually wear some jewelry.

The pictures aren't great, but I'm basically warring a creamy pinkish nudish cardigan over a sort of mossy brown lace-overlay tanktop (texture), a shiny khaki skirt (texture), and a light brown suede heel (more texture!!). It's not super flattering with the sweater like that because my waist isn't defined, so I unbuttoned it later in the day, and as long as I don't freeze in the restaurant, I may go cardigan-less for optimum outfit impact.


I actually tried to put some effort into the jewelry as well, and played into the scoopneck of the tanktop by layering a few silver necklaces. I then had to try to find small earrings that coordinated, and luckily one of my friends had given me this tiny silver pair for my birthday one year, and I think it was the right size to balance out the other jewelry.


Here's a close-up shot of all the pieces in the outfit so you can get a better sense of the colors and textures I was trying to use. My lighting is not great and I'm a little jealous of other bloggers that actually set up their cameras and tripods. I've just been too lazy, but perhaps that's a good project for this weekend.



I am really looking forward to adding more neutrals to my wardrobe. Any thoughts on what other pieces might be good?

Also, this was my best attempt at accessorizing, but I'd love more suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment