About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first REAL celebrity sighting!

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I went to Nobu for Restaurant Week last night with some friends. The food was good and all that, but the most important and notable part was that I finally got to see a real celebrity up close.

My friend Chetesh nudged me on our way out and said "Hey that's a Lakers player over there." I don't know a lot of Lakers players, but I thought I'd ask which player it was. It turns out it's Pau Gasol, one of the only two Lakers I recognize (the other being Kobe, of course). I didn't recognize him though -- I've only seen a few games, and in those games, he's always running around sweaty with a headband with his hair flopping around. At Nobu, he actually looked like an awkward, pimply 18 year old. Even though I think he's older. And his hair may have been shorter.

Anyway, the point of this ramble is that I finally saw a real celebrity in LA! I'm hoping I'll see a few more during Restaurant Week -- I will keep y'all posted!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! All I've seen are Kardashian/Jenner sisters, which don't count bc I've only seen them at the shopping plaza that their store is in (I live near Calabasas). Although I wouldn't recognize any Lakers players if I saw them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh really? I actually am fascinated by the Kardashians/Jenners... I may have to take a trip over to that shopping plaza.

    ReplyDelete