About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DineLA Restaurant Week

DineLA restaurant week is coming up and I am really excited. When I moved to LA, I just missed the last restaurant week so I am looking forward to finally trying some of the famous restaurants I've heard about. Here's where I have reservations so far... we'll see how many I actually make it to before I get sick of eating out.

  • Spago - Wolfgang Puck's restaurant - It's supposed to be good; all I'm hoping is that it's better than his airport restaurants.
  • XIV by Michael Mina - Michael Mina is a little overrated, but I'm willing to go there for restaurant week.
  • Nobu - I keep hearing about it on TV so I really want to go... it's not really vegetarian friendly but I'll find something to eat.
  • Gordon Ramsay West Hollywood - I don't know anything about him as a chef, but I love Hell's Kitchen (and I think the food quality here would be more consistent than if I tried to eat at Hell's Kitchen during filming).
  • Katsuya - I've already been here (see post here) but I hope to redeem myself by dressing appropriately this time. And it's down the street, so...

And then there's Mr. Chow, which I also keep hearing about on TV. I am hoping to go there for Valentine's Day to cross that off the list too.

Given all this eating out, by the middle of February I think I will be craving spaghetti with Trader Joe's marinara sauce. Or plain white rice.

2 comments:

  1. hiii!!! i did not know you have a blog! how exciting!:) I have heard really good things about Nobu...i hope you get to go there soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! I'm very excited you do too :) I feel like I never talk to you so at least I can follow you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete