About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Outfit of the Day

So here's my outfit from yesterday.



I'm pretty proud of it actually. I think the sweatshirt made it more casual, and the two patterns worked together well. I do think I need higher waisted shorts though. These are probably 5 years old at this stage and a little out of date, but I think it's good enough.

So I wore it to a Society of Women Engineers event at Banana Republic where the sales people were giving advice on business casual outfits. I got some advice once how to match earrings and necklaces without looking "matchy matchy." Basically pick the same metal and make sure that the colors in each piece play off each other. Not super useful advice but at least it's a start. The rest of the event was a little less useful. The store didn't have a petites section so I couldn't even buy anything. It was fun to hang out with SWE people though.

No comments:

Post a Comment