About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What happened last weekend

  • Harry Potter Friday night with some new friends (The pre-movie dinner had the most amazing chocolate baklava... too bad the husband ate most of it.) My favorite part of the movie was the Snape backstory -- it was done so well!!

  • Coworkers' going away party -- yummy sangria and amazing chicken tandoori (I got the box that the spice mix came in so I can make a paneer version). We left before the drinking games got started so we could make our reservation for...

  • Dinner in Hollywood (no famous people, sort of meh food) -- a few of my dishes in no particular order were grits with mushrooms, passion fruit tart (would have been great if not for the coconut that was infecting it) and potato soup (the most redeeming dish). I was really hoping for some macaroni and cheese, but no dice. The husband was much more impressed with his food at least.

  • Getty Center (pictures coming) -- We came here to see an exhibition on the "Gods of Angkor Wat" (basically Cambodian versions of Hindu gods and Buddha), and we got to the Getty and realized that the whole exhibit took up a space the size of a dorm room. There was a total of 20 little statues. So disappointing. The rest of the Getty was nice, if a little crowded. I want to go back, but perhaps on a Saturday after 5 pm when parking is free and we can eat dinner at the cute restaurant there with a great view.

  • Mad Men -- The husband and I realized that Mad Men was available from Season 1 on Netflix instant demand so we started watching it. It's a little slow, but it's fascinating. I also love the clothes, and really wish I could dress like that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment