About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Zumba, hey!

I took a Zumba class on Sunday courtesy of a groupon. It was fine when I was in the class (I did have to take off my shoes and do the exercises barefoot because my running shoes apparently don't provide any lateral support so my arches started to hurt) and I thought the class was pretty easy from an aerobic perspective. The dance moves themselves were harder. I had so much trouble moving the right arm/leg at the right time, and I especially struggled with the moves like shimmying. This old guy came with his wife to the class and sat down after 5 minutes of having to shimmy and shake his butt. I don't blame him.

So anyway, I woke up this morning and my back hurts, my elbow hurts, my calf hurts -- I just hurt all over. I guess that means the class actually worked muscles I never use, which is good, but it's hard to think positively when I'm so sore. And I still have 4 more classes to go to...

No comments:

Post a Comment