About Me

I'm just a girl living in Los Angeles, geeky at heart but trying to fit into the stylish city that is now my home.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Scarves

So my bff N suggested I incorporate scarves into my outfits, and she sent me a link to a lovely Hermes pamphlet with different scarf ideas. Most of them require a large square silk scarf, which I am currently in the market for, so I had to be a little creative in incorporating those ideas. One idea was called something like "The Necklace" and it required the square scarf to be folded into a rectangle. Well lucky me, I have a rectangular scarf that I got for free at one of the booths at a Society of Women Engineers conference. I pulled it out of the back of my closet and knotted the ends and threw it on over a plain t-shirt.

I felt a little matronly, but I think a snazzier outfit with the scarf might do the trick. I'm thinking maybe a colored shirt and a jacket and the scarf on top of all of that? I don't know, I'm not used to wearing scarves but I'm going to keep trying to find something that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment